Modular construction is making use of the volumetric modules of the building where the basic units form the building structure and enclose the usable space. It proves to be cost-effective accommodation. It is popular for student residencies and hotels. For the scores of benefits associated with the modular homes, they are becoming popular.
Merits of the Modular Homes
- Speed of Construction: The construction of the modular homes can be completed about 30% to 50% faster than the conventional construction methods. For the construction of the modular homes, the procedure of indoor construction can occur alongside the construction site.
- Better Quality: The modular homes are built off-site in the form of modules followed by delivery to the site of construction in ready-to-build panels. Off-site process of construction ensures better quality management as well as less disruption.
- Minimal or No Impact On Business: The advantage of the modular homes is that 80% of construction activity takes place off-site so that any business or school runs smoothly without any disruption.
- Eco-Friendly Construction Materials: The modular homes are constructed with the help of eco-friendly and recycled materials. The construction of the building modules makes sure there is less wastage. Modular construction ensures that you invest in the sustainable procedure of construction from the beginning to the end of the procedure.
- Economical: The modular homes are cheap and are available with flexible options of payment. They are set up within a short period of time. The service of designing the homes is included in the cost of the building. As a result, you do not have to shell out extra as architect cost.
- Curb Appeal: Apart from being cost-effective and easy to set up, the modular homes boast of amazing curb appeal and thus have gained popularity in modern times.
- State-Of-the-Art Design: One of the key advantages of the modular buildings is that they exhibit state-of-the-art design. Each of the modular homes can be customized according to client requirement. These homes can be tailor-made to fit the customer’s budget requirements and preference. In case you need a modular construction to be customized as per your specific requirements, it can be done easily.
- Flexibility: The advantage of modular homes is that they are flexible. Whether you require added space for the office, garden room, school classroom or studio, the modular homes can fulfil your requirement.
- Durability: The modular buildings are designed for longer lasting performance and since they need to be transported to your specific location, it is mandatory for manufacturers to take care of the construction quality. The materials used for these buildings are fire-proof and they are extremely airtight which ensures their energy-efficiency.
Application of the Modular Homes
For the convenience of the modular construction, they are used widely for the construction of communal buildings, offices, workshops, self-serviced restaurants, canteens, toilet blocks, storage premises, sales booths, receptions spots, etc.
For the plethora of benefits associated with the modular homes, they have become a rage now. More and more businesses are now opting for modular constructions these days.
Mark Ligon is the Marketing Manager at PVCFittingsOnline.com, a leading e-commerce store in plumbing supply. Mark focus is on DIY projects and providing creative and practical advice to individuals looking to complete DIY projects of their own