With kids, pets, and seniors around, keeping the house clean can become a daunting task. It becomes even more problematic when your pets, kids, or aging parents happen to urinate on your carpets or bed accidentally. At this stage, you’re faced with a daunting task of not only cleaning the stains off your bed and carpets but also getting rid of the bad urine odor. However, the blame does not lie on your pets and children alone. There are instances when an aging parent finds it difficult to go to the bathroom as quickly as possible. The only way to get the liquid waste out of their bladder is to urinate in their clothes or on the bed. The smell of adult urine is unbearable, and the odor tends to linger for longer. Fortunately, you can hire expert urine cleanup service Centennial Colorado to help get rid of the smell of urine out of the house. Even though these experts don’t have it easy when it comes to urine cleanup.
How to Cleanup Urine Smell
Whether it is the smell of fresh urine or an old one, getting rid of the odor can become a daunting task. Here are some ways to drive the smell away.
- Clean the area using a towel. Wipe the area thoroughly until you see no sign of urine. You can even make use of an old newspaper to soak up and remove as much urine as possible.
- Clean the spot with soap and water. After cleaning the area, make sure you use water to keep the area clean.
- Use a sanitizing liquid. It is advisable to apply a sanitizing liquid in your towel as you’re about to round off with the cleaning. Check with your local stores for the best liquid sanitizer.
- Use a black light to inspect the clean area to see if you missed out any spot or stain. During this process, remember to mark the areas of stain with chalk, so that you don’t miss out the stains this time.
- Use lukewarm water to wet vac the affected area. It is not always good to use hot liquids. And if you don’t have a wet vac, you can always rent one from your local store.
- Make a solution of baking soda, peroxide and dish detergent. This solution has the capacity to get rid of the strongest urine smells. Spray the solution onto the affected area and leave it for about 20 minutes. After that, clean the area using a brush and the bad smell will be no more.
- Another great option for removing bad smell is the use of vinegar. Spray vinegar onto the affected area and let it sit for 20 minutes. Later on, brush the area to eradicate the remnants.
All these tips come in handy when trying to get rid of bad smell. But for peace of mind, it is advisable to go with professional urine cleanup service Centennial Colorado.