Granite is very common to everybody and all are crazy about using granite particularly in their kitchen and bathrooms. Granite is not only popular but is a status symbol too. Its durability, varieties of materials, pleasant look etc. are some of the reasons why people prefer granite. On the other hand, there are many unheard and peculiar facts about granite which are in fact fun to know. However, get in touch with Granite au Sommet for the top quality of granites you may require. Look below to know a few unheard facts about granite.
- Granite is perhaps the oldest among the rocks in the world and has been existing for more than 300 million years on our planet earth. Granite is part of igneous rock formed by cooling the magma or lava.
- The continental crust in the earth is been made basically by granite. The granite is also known as “plutonic rock” which means it forms the deep underground. Find the best plutonic rock granite material from Granite au Sommet for your kitchen and bathroom.
- Almost 60% of the rock in the earth have feldspar which are the white mineral grains found in the granite.
- The word “granite” has been derived from the Latin word “granum” meaning the coarse grain. This is because of the grain type of patterns in the granite.
- The normal granite weighs about 162 pounds each cubic foot. This is around twice heavier of the same quantity of water. This heavyweight of granite makes it special. Get the special granite from Granite au Sommet to use it in your construction.
- After diamond, granite has the hardest substance in the world. Because of its durability and tough substance, the pedestal of the statue of liberty is made of granite.
- Granite is extensively used in almost all constructions by the ancient Egyptians.
- Granite was used in the first commercial railroad in the US in the “Granite Railway” Quincy.
- The Kangchenjunga in the Himalayan mountain region is the highest granite mountain in the world. With a height of eight thousand five hundred eighty-six meters, the Kangchenjunga is the third highest mountain in the world. The first is the Everest with limestone and the second is K2 with gneiss.
The materials made out of granite is not only beautiful but strong and durable, and the maintenance of granite is also easy. Therefore, take your granite materials from Granite au Sommet for guaranteed durability and reasonable price.