I need my building painted
If you own your own business and are looking to get your building repainted, you may find that it is not as easy as you hoped it would be. Having your commercial property painted can pose quite the problem when the need arises. There are a number of different things that you have to do in order to make sure that you are getting the best job and biggest bang for your buck.
Can I do this on my own?
You can paint your commercial property on your own. There is no issue with this at all. Before you decide to go this route make sure you research everything thoroughly. Different states have different laws and rules that you have to abide by. In some states, you might be able to just pick up the paint and go, but in most states, there are certain regulations that you have to abide by. If trying to find this information sounds like a headache, wait until you figure out what else you may have to do. You can forgo this headache and this waste of time by deciding to hire a professional painting company instead.
What are the first steps to take?
There are a few steps that you need to take to start your commercial painting job. There are two very important steps that you should begin with:
- Consider the scope of the project – Determine how big the project is actually going to be. Which parts of your building need to be painted? How many buildings need to be painted? What time of year are you going to be painting in? Are you painting inside or outside? What is your budget?
- Choose the right color – The color of your business says a lot about your business. It is the first thing that people notice about your business. You don’t want clashing colors or something that is too bright, but you don’t want dull and drab either. You want people to walk into your establishment and want to be there. The color you choose should complement your business. Rainbow colors work well for businesses geared towards kids, but if you’re a lawyers office you probably don’t want to decorate in pinks and greens with teddy bears and baby ducks.
What should I do next?
After your figure out the main ideas for your business design you need to think about two other factors before you get your project started up:
- Consider other services you may need – Your business might need more than just painted. You may need to get all new trim or have the borders on your windows redone. In addition to all of this you may need new molding put in, or refinished. Some of your walls might even need small repairs. Consider all of these things before you decide on what you’re going to need to have done. This way you can discuss everything with the business that you are trying to call.
- Adhere to safety standards – One of your top priorities needs to be the safety of your customers. Different types of paint cause different issues. You do not want to use a paint that is going to have a lot of fumes. Another thing you are going to need to consider is if you are going to have to close up for a few days to get this done. Sometimes your business isn’t big enough to get people to work inside of it while customers are roaming about the store.
What are the last things that I need to do?
After you take all of the necessary steps you need to get the actual project started. There are two things that you need to do to get the ball rolling:
- Prep the building properly – There are a lot of things that you may need to do to have a contractor come in and give you a proper estimate on your job. You may have to move shelves and switch products around. You might have to close off certain areas and you may even have to lay tarps around to prevent possible paint drips and spills. You always want to prep your property as best as you can.
- Choose the right contractor – There are several options here. You may need to call around all over the place before you get a contractor that you want to work with. You should always get as many estimates as you can before you just decide on one contractor. There are also five things that you need to think about when you are looking for the right contractor:
- Availability and details of dependable customer references and testimonials.
- An experienced team of supervisors and employees with credentials included.
- Excellent customer service skills and communication.
- Very thorough and detail-oriented estimates.
- Quality workmanship and exceptional results.
What issues might I run into?
There are a few issues that you may have when you are trying to get your building repainted. You may not have a big enough budget for it. You also might have a very large number of businesses with great reputations that you have to choose from. You also might have a slight problem deciding what colors to choose. There are a number of different options that you have to choose from that may cause you slight problems. Some people go to repaint and find out that more than repainting is needed. This can cause a whole new World of issues and financial problems that you really didn’t account for.
How do I know it is time to start my project?
There are many ways to tell when you are ready to start your project. When your store is looking run down and you have the budget to repaint, you probably should start looking into getting everything ready to have it done. If you feel like your customers are looking down on your store when they walk in you should probably get your store remodeled.