Amazingly stunning natural stone tiles
For ages, man has been exploring and extracting invaluable treasures in the form of minerals, metals, oils, gases, and a variety of stones, including precious gems, and using them in day-to-day life.
One of the most common and useful materials or products quarried from the earth is the natural stone which is used in the form of slabs or tiles in almost every residential or commercial building for making floors, backsplashes for fireplaces, accent walls, kitchens, bathrooms as well as pavements.
What is natural stone?
As evident from the name itself, ‘Natural Stone’ is extracted from the earth and is primarily used as one of the most important building materials that not only add to the aesthetics of the place through its impressive decorative properties.
Natural stone is an organic material that exists in many variations of color, quality, and appearance in the form of travertine, limestone, slate, marble, and granite.
All these stones are used in the form of slabs or tiles to produce warm, charming, and stunning looks but differ from each other due to their inherent qualities and properties. As a result, no two natural stone tiles are similar in terms of beauty, sustainability, and durability.
With beautifully colored and timeless natural stone tiles, you can bring earthen glamour to the floors of your home or high-traffic areas.
Natural stone tiles are made from various stones such as Granite, Marble, Limestone, Travertine, Slate, Quartzite, Onyx, Sandstone, and Mexico’s special Adoquin stone that is formed from volcanic ash.
Why prefer natural stone tiles?
As these natural stone tiles are amazingly durable and beautiful due to their distinct designs and colors; you have every reason to choose them over other materials.
These tiles exist in various different categories and are unique in composition, and grace, and are available in a wide range of finishes which can be polished, honed, antiquated, tumbled, leather, as well as rugged, may be flamed, river rough, river wash, or split face.
Natural stone tiles differ in their porous and absorbent properties as well as sensitivity toward acid, oils, and other fluids.
Points to be considered while buying natural stone tiles
While choosing and buying natural stone tiles, it is essential to ponder over some of the important things which are:
- Cost – stone tiles usually cost depend on their material and rarity of stone and as per the budget you can buy economical ones instead of expensive marble or granite
- Porosity and absorption rate – make sure that the tile you chose is less porous and absorbent of fluids.
- Hardness and durability – tiles with harder stone are less likely to chip, crack, scratch or wear down despite more foot traffic.
- Color – of natural stones tiles of one material can look quite different from other tiles of the same material. Choose tiles that are matching and consistent in color and natural pattern on the stone.
- Finish and texture – tiles can be highly glossy, polished, honed, or naturally, cleft flamed as well as slippery which determines the place where to use them. Instead of using slippery and highly polished tiles in bathrooms and kitchens; prefer non-slippery and naturally clefted natural stone tiles.
When you need the finest quality of natural stone tiles in a variety of colors and designs at the most affordable cost; contact Pietra Stone Gallery– the most reliable source for tiles in Australia