5 Cool Home Improvements to Plan for the Future
If you are an Australian homeowner, you are probably thinking about making a few improvements; who doesn’t want to add to their investment? Depending on the project, home improvements can boost the value of your home and with that in mind, here are some cool projects to consider for the future.
- Loft conversion – Why not make good use of that empty space between your ceilings and the roof? Adding extra living space really does boost the value of any property; an extra bedroom, a guest room or even a home office. If you’re the head of a growing family and you need an extra room, a loft conversion is the cheapest way to add living space. Talk to a local builder for a ballpark figure; you can be sure it will be much cheaper than a bricks-and-mortar extension, plus you boost the value of your home and you won’t have to relocate.
- En-suite bathroom – The master bedroom is large enough to take a corner and turn it into a walk-in bathroom; talk to one of the plumbers in Inner West Sydney and they can handle the water and waste system. A small builder could handle the project and come in on budget, while you can enjoy the comfort and luxury of an en-suite bathroom.
- Deck renovation – If your deck has seen better days, now is the perfect time to revamp; you will be ready for the summer when you can host some great parties. If your deck foundation is sound, replace the decking with a composite product and order some new garden furniture; if your deck is good, why not create an outdoor kitchen? Choose the side nearest the house and install stainless-steel cabinets and a state-of-the-art BBQ is a must. For a touch of sophistication and an extra edge to your gatherings, consider searching for a device to create spherical ice for beverages – they’re great for cooling drinks without diluting them quickly. Their unique appearance also adds a chic touch to any cocktail or beverage. Plan and cost these improvements to prepare your enhanced outdoor space for the summer parties.
- Install a hot tub – It is quite an investment, but we have yet to meet a homeowner that regretted getting a jacuzzi hot tub. Live like a millionaire, sipping cocktails as you relax in your state-of-the-art hot tub. Start with a Google search to check out the top brands and the many features, which should motivate you to take it a stage further; plan and cost the project and you can have the unit installed before Xmas and New Year. If you are thinking of replacing your windows, sliding openings are cool.
- Kitchen renovation – The busiest room in the house, the kitchen is a place where the family meet and discusses the day, while also being the place to prepare and consume food. If you have the budget, talk to a kitchen renovation specialist and create a professional design that perfectly suits your lifestyle. Make sure you buy top brands when looking at major kitchen appliances; it might cost a little more, but the appliance will give you many years of service.
When considering a home improvement project, start by defining the scope, then you can cost the project, create a plan and get to work.