Things to Know About SPC Hybrid Floors
It does not matter if you wish to renovate a household or build it from scratch. You must choose suitable flooring depending on numerous factors. At the same time, you have probably heard about SPC and LVT flooring. We recommend you visit here, which will help you understand everything about SPC.
Most people wonder what SPC is, and you should know that SPC stands for Stone Plastic Composite, also known as Hybrid flooring. It is vital to remember that SPC hybrid flooring has a luxury plan that features limestone and stabilizers to create an extra durable core.
As a result, it is stable, dent-resistant, 100% waterproof, and comes with similar characteristics as luxury vinyl plank flooring. It features a few layers, including:
- Wear Layer – We are talking about top coating, which is transparent or visible when installing it. That will increase scratch resistance and stain, an important consideration to remember.
- SPC Core – The core comes with a limestone powder and stabilizers that will offer you stable Rigid-Core with significant strength compared with other options. At the same time, it is 100% waterproof, meaning you can maintain and clean them without any additional hassle.
- UV Top Coat – Each one comes with a thin layer of vinyl attached to it. You can rest assured because the layer features patterns and textures that will mimic the appearance and feel of timber. It is another reason for its waterproof characteristic.
- Acoustic Underlay – The entire range of it features high-quality and factory-attached rubber underlay that will reduce sound and offer you a soft feel.
Importance of SPC Flooring
- Waterproof – One of the most significant factors and advantages when choosing SPC flooring is the ability to rest assured along the way. As a result, you can install it in laundry rooms, restaurants, kitchens, bathrooms without thinking about humidity or water issues that may happen with other options you choose.
- Perfect for Temperature Fluctuations – Since it features stone construction, you can rest assured that they can withstand severe humidity and temperature fluctuations. Therefore, you can install them in the coldest areas or direct sunlight and get exceptional durability.
You should check out this guide: https://www.wikihow.com/Install-Flooring to learn how to install flooring.
- Wood Appearance – Generally, you can find various colours, textures, and styles depending on your preferences. Still, when you get a high-end SPC, you will not be able to distinguish it from a natural timber flooring that comes with EIR or embossment technology. Therefore, it feels like real timber.
- Simple to Install – If you have previous experience, you can rest assured because it is not required to use experts to help you install. Instead, you can do it effortlessly due to the click-lock installation method, which is highly convenient. You can join everything together similarly as a vinyl utilizing tongue, laminate, and groove installation, among other things.
- Underlay Comfort – Compared with previous vinyl generations of the Rigid-Core and plank thickness, you should know that SPC Hybrid flooring feels sturdier and cushion under your feet. At the same time, it comes with core density, which means it is silent while you are walking. Since the underlay features additional cushioning, you can easily replace the carpet with this option.
- Affordable Price Tag – Although it is more expensive than laminate and vinyl, it is cheaper than hardwood counterparts, which is vital to remember. It would be best to consider other factors, including expected lifetime, installation expenses, maintenance, and a perfect balance between quality, durability, and price tag.
- Simple to Clean and Maintain – SPC flooring has similar maintenance requirements as other thick surfaces. However, it cannot scratch, warp and dent, meaning you can use sweep, vacuum, or mop depending on your preferences.
- Lifetime Guarantee – You should know that they come with a wear layer that will last up to thirty years in domestic environments. Therefore, you can rest assured because most of them will come with thirty-year warranty deals against defects, meaning you can use them in high-traffic areas without any additional hassle.
- Eco-Friendly – Since the raw material of SPC flooring, including polyvinyl chloride, is environment-friendly material coming from a renewable resource and without toxicity. You can use it to make medical equipment and dinner sets in your daily lives, making it the perfect solution for reducing your carbon footprint.
Mark Ligon is the Marketing Manager at a leading e-commerce store in plumbing supply. Mark focus is on DIY projects and providing creative and practical advice to individuals looking to complete DIY projects of their own