Unique sash windows are difficult to find and harder to maintain. Window Maintenance Services (W.M.S) specializes in all things windows – including sash windows. These unique windows have been around for more than 300 years and they’re still a popular feature in many London homes. Working with these windows requires a bespoke, specialist company like W.M.S.
W.M.S offers its services in London and the surrounding areas and any property type can be attended to. Whether your home is from the Georgian, Regency, or Victorian eras, the company will handle your windows with the same level of professionalism.
Sash Window Services
Depending on what you need to be done, W.M.S offers a variety of services catered towards your needs. The major categories of work are sash window repairs London, refurbishment, replacement, and installations. In these three categories you will find the following services:
- Restoration of traditional sash windows on different era housing.
- Refurbishment of modern sash windows including bay sash windows and both single and double-hung sash windows.
- Replacement of the glass in Sash Windows.
- Installation of different glass types, including double-glazed windows and security glass.
- Repairs for all types of sash windows and styles, including wooden, UPVC, and aluminum frames.
- Installation of complete sash window units, including modern and traditional designs.
- Specialist restoration of antique wooden frames that are guaranteed to be completed exactly as intended – experts are able to refurbish any era sash window to original condition.
- Casement windows can be installed and repaired.
In addition to the above services, W.M.S has compiled a list of services for frequently experienced problems for different sash window owners:
- Box sash window owners will often experience wear and tear of the chords holding the weights in place. These chords need to be replaced after a few years of use.
- Spiral sash windows are fitted with two tubes that contain spiral rods allowing the window to slide up and down. These rods require attention to maintain balance with the window frames.
- Bay sash windows are the type of sash windows that require the most maintenance. These windows are stylish but have multiple pieces that fit together and that will need to be repaired after continuous use.
All of these services are performed by a team of skilled workers who are covered by professional certification and have received Approved Contractor Status. When it comes to the quality of work required for Sash Windows – especially antiques – you will want to make sure the company you choose complies with these certifications.
Apart from certification, the W.M.S team has years of experience working as a London sash window company. London sash windows are unique and offer their own challenges, which is why you will want to make sure the company you choose has the experience to match.
Finally, W.M.S services are also priced fairly and come with service quality guarantees that protect the customer from the inferior quality and incomplete work. The company is confident in its services and has no problem providing their service at such competitive prices.