Smart Décor Ideas for Living Room
The space that entertains your guest should look good and reflect your sense of style. That is why it is of utmost importance that you pay attention to living room décor and hire a professional to fix this and that if need be. The first thing to know before starting the project is to set a vision. Have a clear concept about the theme and the color palette of the living room; every step should be taken in accordance with that.
Table of ContentsToggle
Take a look at your current furniture; are they modern? Do they reflect your style? Do they complement the setting in general? These are some of the questions you need to ask before chucking out objects from your living space.
- You don’t necessarily need to choose furniture that looks exact to one another. Modern designs are more about expressing yourself freely and fully. So, handpick individual chairs a coffee table and place them accordingly to see if they complement each other.
- Every piece of furniture tells a story. Placing of furniture therefore is crucial when it comes to renovating your home. Some table might not work in a particular room and might sit perfectly well in a different part of the house.
- Vintage furniture is always in vogue. You may work with a designer who knows what type of articles you are interested in. Every collector needs a vintage furniture shopping guide from time to time to get the best pieces that are one of a kind.
Floor and Ceiling
Make sure there is a coherent theme that runs from the top to bottom to create a story. The floor and the top should not feel like part of two different rooms. There are ways to connect the two effortlessly so that the whole concept looks aesthetically pleasing.
- Go for authentic wallpaper if you are keen on using wallpapers. Some artists would design exclusive patterns for your walls for very reasonable pricing. Collaborate with such designers so that they may know what you are looking for and showcase your art choices through the wallpapers.
- If you have the time and want to do some permanent changes around the house, you can always redo the floor. Both wooden and marble flooring have their pros and cons when it comes to selecting one. However, the marble floor is a smarter choice in the long run.
While selecting the lighting of the living room, make sure you create a layer of lighting. Famous interior designer, Kelly Wearstler suggests that one should always have the lighting set in different layers to create an illusion and makes the room looks more spacious than it is.
- When one sees the lighting, the eyes will travel from top to bottom. Let natural lighting come through as it provides the living space with a much-needed openness and warmth.
- Different designs of lamps make interesting and standout pieces that will attract people’s attention.
The ultimate goal is to create a living space that both comfortable and visually appealing. You may add interesting art that sets the tone of the room. You may also add some houseplants in the corner of the room, providing the living space is big enough to accommodate plants without making the room look cramped. People who love home designs are aware of the fact that art & décor should be updated every once in a while to match the current trends and style.