5 Ways to Use Your Creativity When Redesigning Your House
There is more to our homes than we give it credit for. Our homes are not only our place of dwelling, but it is also our safe place, where we truly unwind and simply lose all care while being true to ourselves. For once the Urban Dictionary reference does strike true, since sometime back the most trending definition of home was ‘where you can trust the toilet seat’.
There is no doubt that many proud homeowners take great pride when it comes to decorating and designing their homes. It is a complete family funfair where everybody gets to pitch in and add their own little personal touch to it. That is why in this post we would like to offer you some great suggestions through which you can use your creativity to deliver some home additions to your humble abode. So let’s take a quick look at them each and see how they can bring about the WOW factor for your house:
Table of ContentsToggle
The Floor is Where It All Begins
We cannot stress enough on the fact that how a certain flooring style for a room or the entire house for that matter can effectively make you see things in a new way. Some of the best options for redesigning your floors include bamboo flooring, ceramic tiles, engineered wood, hardwood, laminate, and even vinyl to name a few. While we are not a fan of covering the entirety of your floor with carpeting, however, an aesthetically chosen rug or mat positioned here and there does carry an appeal of its own nonetheless.
Use Furniture Like Never Seen Before
When it comes to furniture you would be surprised how much you can achieve even with old, fatigued, and forgotten furniture. For instance, there are several examples where people used flowering pots and converted them into bedside lamps with a little paint and some electrical adjustments and fixtures. Similarly, if you have a dresser that offers you no utility at all, then how about you take out all the drawers and the empty spaces can be used to stack your favorite DVDs, Books, and even crockery. The choice is all yours in the end.
You will be surprised to now that people simply hang their worn-out drawers by attaching them to the walls and use them as a place to keep their portraits and other stuff for quick and easy access. The ideas are simply countless so never be disdained to see old furniture lying around. Probably all you need is a great idea to transform it into something extremely useful.
Give Your Ceiling’s A Remake & They Will Delight You to No End!
There is seldom a point in our daily lives where during a busy schedule we get to focus on the ceilings of our homes, however, they are definitely there. Nevertheless, there always comes a time where you are lost in thought and suddenly you catch yourself pondering but certainly staring at the ceiling of your room. This is where you realize that probably a little tweaking would definitely make that dull and plain space more inspiring to look at. Here are some revamping tips for you to try out:
- Call it false ceiling, dropped ceiling, suspended ceiling, or whatever comes to your mind, there is no doubt that they certainly make the room look more lavish.
- Try putting geometrical shapes in balance or in symmetry on to your ceiling. They certainly add more elegance and sophistication to your room as well as giving it a more modern touch.
- Even a mural or some graffiti on the ceiling does make the room louder and more appealing. This adds to the luxury factor as well since who cannot forget the obsession of ceiling paintings during the renaissance era.
- Let the light pour in by removing your ceiling completely and add a crystal clear and strong glass sheet on top instead. With a double glazed glass, you also get the added advantage of keeping your homes warmer during the winter season.
The Limitless Possibilities with Home Décor
We don’t even know where to begin when it comes to home décor. There are literarily countless ways through which your home décor can certainly and effectively transform your house entirely. Here are some of the top picks:
- Your entrance or entryway plays a vital role to whomsoever visits the house, it is better to add some modern art or even a console table just to say that the ones who dwell here love the past, the current present, and what the future has to offer.
- Get some throw pillows for your bedrooms and living rooms to make them all the more inviting and give off a feeling of irrefutable coziness.
- Perhaps one of the best ways to make your homes look more eclectic is to simply tidy up the room, remove the clutter, apply a minimalist approach, and make more space.
- A gallery wall does wonders, it can very well become the most lustrous part of your house. All you need is a simple trip to the flea market and get more ideas buzzing to start building one today.
Lighting Always Paves the Way
This might come as a surprise to many but there is no questioning the fact that a simple change in the way you think about lighting for a certain room can make all the difference in the world. There are tons of lighting options available in the market with each shade, color, and brightness level offering you a complete mood changer. The correct lighting for any place within your house can either make or break the image as well as the overall ambiance of the place. Plus they are easy to change, so if you find that a certain theme is not working out for you, you can simply replace them. So keep on experimenting and we guarantee that the results are surely going to astound you.
This finally brings us to the end of our post. We hope that this short read offered you some great insights regarding new ideas that you would like to try out at the soonest of your own conveniences. We would like to conclude our post with a quote from the late Steve Jobs who once stated:
“Design is a funny word. Some people think design means how it looks. But of course, if you dig deeper, it’s really how it works.”